Apologies or the lure of the beach


Until the Syria post today, a whole year had passed since I last posted on this blog. This is partly the nature of the project: i.e. to forecast forward a number of years and then to review progress annually, but it is also, frankly, because I  became bored with the repetitiveness of the project; other interests took over in my life.
 
I shall endeavour to be more motivated this year, with the intention of developing new 2017-2020 forecasts for all the usual countries and markets in the second half of 2016.
 
However, I can make no promises, as, after the first 2008-12 batch was completed,  this really became a labour of love and I am inherently lazy, easily bored by routine and always delighted to be distracted by something new!
 
I also think that in the work becoming more of an obligation (rather than an attempt to prove something as in 2008), my 2013-16 forecasts are of more variable quality. It is difficult to 'get into the zone' needed for such work when one would rather be on the beach.
 
Hopefully, though, I will have enough patience and enthusiasm (and will be able to resist the temptation of the beach for sufficiently long enough) to start by conducting the review of 2015 during this February......
 

Comments