Time to do nothing


 


Just a short breather before moving onto Latin America. Hopefully we can work our way through Mexico, Argentina,  Venezuela and Brazil by the end of the year so we can start 2014 by looking at success rates to date, a few more currencies that I missed along the way and review the forecasts to obtain a better global perspective as to where we are going over the next 3 years. 

In terms of success rates I’m not so sure I will have done so well this time. I haven’t been as confident with my forecasts as I was in 2008- my thoughts just don’t seem to have flowed so easily this year.  So, while the last lot of forecasts remained unchanged throughout the period, I might be updating these 2014-16 predictions in future posts.

Nevertheless there are some themes which do seem to be emerging and probably won’t need changing. Certainly the individual countries have revealed some key repeating themes which seem to centre around big events s in 2015. Yet if we are to be properly prepared much more work is required.  I will try my best to supply that effort but my time is not always my own these days.

I would also like to devote a little more time to some philosophical questions and to return to look again at some of the fundamental energies we are dealing with.

I’ve just finished a book called Nothing which is indeed about nothing. While it did not contain much that I had not already read before ( I am sadly geeky at times), it did make me think again about some of the universal concepts that underpin the forecasting model I work with. So more of nothing is to come.

 

 

Comments