May 2010 Review continued - The Americas - ex USA



I’ve reviewed the current situation in these countries and actually there is really not that much to say, that I haven’t already dealt with. However, in the interests of completeness I short summary is in order, and it does give me a chance to add a few comments:

Mexico
I recall that I found Mexico a little hard to read when I wrote it 18 mths ago. My issue was how the transit of Pluto to Neptune would play out. I am never sure about outer planet transits to each other without other triggers and this was a bit of a test.

What it seems to have represented is the ongoing drugs violence and attempts to eradicate it. I perhaps did not pay enough attention to the country’s Mars at 0 Leo in quincunx to its Neptune. But, as the drugs issues had only limited relationship to the global economic situation Mexico has actually been doing not too badly this year ( last year it had to recover from global economic shock of 2008 and flu). With many favourable Jupiter transits at the moment growth for the quarter has been reported at over 4%.

The Peso has also performed better than last year. A low vs dollar in May ( knock on effect of Euro shivers) was not as low as February and of course the dollar has risen a lot this year.

Nothing coming up in the next few months suggests much change from the current pattern.

Argentina
How can I be objective? I have Moon conjunct the Argentinean Jupiter and vice versa. Just as well then that I can report they have been having fun this week with their 200 year celebrations.

The Peso has weakened vs the dollar ( from 3.7-3.9)– mainly since mid April when the bond reconstruction was announced ( but equally probably as a result of Euro). However like the Mexican Peso the impact is not great given the dollars gains. It could continue tricky for a month or so, but after that not much change expected here either over the summer (their winter)

The universe decided to remind me of its never abating sense of humour at this point. I realised that, quite unconciously I had popped across the road and bought myself an empanada de carne for lunch!

Venezuela
It is difficult to tell what really happens in Venezuela at grass roots level. The Chavez spin machine tends to obscure both good and bad. However from what I can find the country has been suffering from the effect of last years power outages ( with its progressed Asc conjoining its Uranus), It is also in need of rain ( Saturn has been stationed close to its Neptune). However there is nothing to suggest that the situation will get any worse as, as I said before, the country is relatively unaffected by the July cardinal cross.

The Bolivar, (a currency born with Uranus/Jupiter which is now without orb of opposition to its progressed Saturn) has been suffering a split personality disorder with 2 rates. Chavez has now banned trading in bonds. Neptune continuing to square its progressed Sun Mars suggests continuing erosion (and a tendency to perform worse than the others in this report) but, again, not any affects from the cardinal cross.

Brazil
My failure in 2009, Brazil seems destined to flummox me. Booming at 6.5% growth, it seems not to care that it has Pluto at 0 Aries, Neptune at 2 Capricorn and Uranus at 3 Capricorn. Perhaps I have underestimated the benefits of its Asc at 0 Pisces and Mars at 3 Scorpio which must have been considerably supported by the Pluto in the square.

On this basis we would expect the positives to continue then . The country also has Jupiter and its IC at 0 Gemini (& thus MC at 0 Sag), which will be aspected by sextile and trine by Uranus Jupiter and Saturn.

Still Uranus conjoining Pluto can’t be that great- perhaps the problem is the political backlash from the Turkey Iran deal it has been brokering.

Its all a bit difficult to unpick and frankly I am not sure I get it at all!

My Brazilian Real forecast for 2009 was much better than the country one and continues to be ok for this year. My suggestion of a turning point around April/May was born out by the announcement of interest rate rises on 28th April. A decline from 1.70 to 1.85 vs dollar followed,( until then the Real had recovered nearly all ground lost in Sept/Oct 2008), though once again the European effect cannot be ignored in this direction. The fundamentals still look strong – with the cardinal cross making almost only favourable aspects to the chart.

Canada
It seems like an anomaly to throw Canada in with Latin America, but actually the charts and the evidence suggest that it is trending the same way ( just from a more stable start). Despite losing some ground vs the dollar in May ( along with most other currencies), the Canadian dollar has still strengthened this year and regained ground lost in late 2008. It is still close to parity

The country is expected to show growth of 3x the average of the G7 for the period and both it and its currency look to continue to be ok for the next few months.

Comments